The programme will expose learners to machine learning techniques, extract and identify useful features that best represent the data along with machine learning algorithms and neural networks. In the end of programme, learners should be equipped with theoretical underpinnings of learning and gain practical know-how needed to apply machine learning techniques to new problems.
- Develop an appreciation for what is involved in learning models from data.
- Identify a wide variety of learning algorithms.
- Evaluate models generated from data.
- Understand applications of machine learning e.g. robotic control, data mining, text and web processing etc.
- Optimize the models learned and report on the expected accuracy that can be achieved by applying the models.