The Art and Science of Data Visualization
This programme should expose learners to better understand data, present clear evidence of the findings to the intended audience, and tell engaging data stories that clearly depict the points that learners want to make all through data graphics.
- Present data with visual representations according to target audience, task and type of data.
- Experiment and compare different visualisation tools e.g. Tableau, storytelling, multivariate and geospatial displays, as well as, interactive and animated displays.
- Identify appropriate data visualisation techniques given particular requirements imposed by the data.
- Apply appropriate design principles in the creation of presentations and visualisation.
- Produce high quality data visualisation using Python tools.
2nd – 3rd November 2020